Treatment For School Phobia
Schools play a huge role in the development of children life. Going to school not only gives them an opportunity to gain adequate knowledge about the world but also cultivates their personalities and other activities.
Schools put children in an unknown environment and prepare them for the real world and adulthood right from the start. Not attending school can make children lag behind in terms of mental and emotional development, and they may end up being clingy towards their parents.
What causes school phobia?
- Fear of violence at home or in their community.
- Significant family changes, such as a move, divorce or death.
- Financial instability.
- Lack of adequate housing or homelessness.
- Lack of undivided attention from their parent or caregiver.
- Food instability.
Treatment of School Phobia
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Systematic Desensitisation
- Exposure Therapy
- Operant Behavioral Techniques