Tretatment For Alcohol Addiction
Alcohol use disorder is a medical condition involving heavy alcohol use.
People with alcohol use disorder can’t stop drinking, even when it causes problems, major issues related to health emotional distress or physical harm to themselves or others.
Alcohol use disorder is a medical condition.
It’s a disease of brain function and requires medical and psychological treatments to control it.
Alcohol use disorder can be moderate or severe. It can develop over a long period of time. It I also called alcohol dependence, alcohol addiction or alcohol abuse.
How can drinking too much affect me?
- Personal relationships.
- Brain damage, including dementia.
- Depression and suicide.
- Cancers of the breast, liver, colon, and mouth.
- Fetal alcohol syndrome (if exposed to alcohol before birth).
- Accidents (like falls or burns) and injuries (like fractures or drowning).
- Liver problems
- Blackouts, assaults, DUIs and even homicide.
What are the symptoms of alcohol use disorder?
- diabetes complications
- sexual problems
- birth defects
- bone loss
- vision problems
- increased risk of cancer
- suppressed immune function