Therapy For Hyperactivity in children
ADHD stands for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. It is a medical condition. A person with ADHD has differences in brain development and brain activity that affect attention, the ability to sit still, and self-control. Inattention:
- Short attention span for age (difficulty sustaining attention)
- Difficulty listening to others
- Difficulty attending to details
- Learning disabilities.
- Undetected seizures.
- Medical disorders that affect the functioning of the brain.
- Thyroid disorders.
- Lead toxicity (poisoning).
- Sleep problems.
Children with Hyperactivity may be
- Inattentive, but not hyperactive or impulsive.
- Hyperactive and impulsive, but able to pay attention.
- Inattentive, hyperactive, and impulsive (the most common form of ADHD).