Kegel exercises also called pelvic floor exercises are done to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles in Kegel.
Kegel exercises not only can help prevent your urine from leaking but can also help prevent the accidental passing of poop stool or gas and may even help to improve your organs. Keeping these muscles ‘fit’ helps keep your uterus, bladder, and your bowel from sagging down into the vagina. If this happens, the condition is called pelvic organ prolapse.
What happens if pelvic organ prolapse does occur
- Leaking urine or stool
- Problems with having a bowel movement
- Pressure or discomfort in the pelvis
- Pain while urinating
- Difficulty emptying the bladder or bowels completely
- Seeing or feeling a bulge protruding out of the vagina or anus
- As you get older
- If you gain weight
- After pregnancy and childbirth
- After gynecologic surgery (women)
- After prostate surgery (men)