There are a lot of couples therapy misconceptions. If you need a professional to help rebuild your relationship, read this guide.There is no such thing as a perfect relationship, even if you’ve been together for 50 years. But despite the fact that divorce rates have been hovering between 40 to 50 percent, there’s still hope for couples who have a strong desire to make it work.
Couples counseling is sometimes referred to as couples therapy or marriage therapy, but the terms “therapy” and “counseling,” actually, are different.Couples therapy is treatment by the same therapist for two people in a committed relationship dealing with problems that affect the relationship
What causes tension in relationships?
- Physical intimacy
- Extended family obligations and issues
- Children or being parents
- Past relationships
- Snoring and other sleeping habits
How Relationship Counseling Helps
- Learn active listening skills
- Strengthen communication skills by deconstructing negative patterns
- Tackle issues together with the guidance of a professional therapist
- Address dysfunctional patterns and work through them
- Support each other in new ways
- Develop a heightened awareness of partner’s concerns in an objective way